In today’s “hot seat” we find Neil from Blondemale.com he blogs about skin care, haircare, scents, fashion and more.
Neil loves beauty products and he loves to review them.
Get to know Neil and more about what he does below…
1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself?
Im a uk blogger that has always had an interest in the arts and entertainment sector, by dipping my toes in modeling and also music, but being a markerting campaigners dream as I love to buy products. This is what lead me down the road of blogging.
2. How did you get into the online business world, what inspired you?
I was always looking for product reviews and sometimes wouldn’t be able to find a review on a certain product which gave me the idea of starting my own blog. Helping the consumer if they were looking for a review on a certain product they had purchased.
I was asked what products I use or gave advice to someone asking about a certain product so this inspired me to start my own blog, to help people with different products.
3. Could you briefly describe your blog or website?
My blog has different categories from skincare, scents, fashion and hair care. Offering a wide range of reviews on products that someone would like a review on before they buy.
I also have some fashion advice, tips on clothing brands offering their latest collection. The verbal category features lifestyle brands that offer vitamins to lead a healthier lifestyle and many other lifestyle issues.
4. How did you come up with the idea of your website or blog?
I knew I wanted to blog but didn’t know where to start. I researched and learnt the basics by watching youtube videos and researching the internet. Once I knew which platform to blog on and how to construct a blog that’s when I started blogging.
5. What is it that drives you to work for yourself, running your own business?
I have a passion for blogging and think that’s what’s important and the key to being the driving force. If you don’t have a love for something that you are working at and for, there is no point in doing so.
When I receive products or I buy products and blog about them, I want to give 100% of an honest review so other consumers get an honest reliable source to help them with their choice of purchase.
6. What`s your best advice to find balance between work, family and life?
The best advice i can give is that any balance of your choice is acceptable. Its about setting time apart for each moment in your life and what works best for you. Taking anytime for yourself, family and work is highly rewarding in its each individual moment.
7. How do you define success running your own website and online business?
Success to me is satisfaction in my blogging that I have written and delivered an honest review of a product that somebody else will find helpful. I know when i have found a review on a product, that it’s been helpful to me.
8. What’s the most frustrating part of running your own business?
I think the most frustrating part can be your own self being critical about your work. You have to listen to your own intuition and gut feeling and just know when to stop, read and then post your review.
9. What’s the most positive aspect of running you own online business?
The positive aspect is knowing you are helping and informing people about certain products that they may not have known before reading my blog posts and reviews.
10. What skill have you learned along the way, that you find invaluable running your online business today?
Honesty, if you write your reviews and express emotions in your blog post the reader is more engaged with your content, rather then just faced with a long sentences and a bunch of words.
11. If you could travel back in time, to when you first started this online journey what advice would you give yourself?
Have faith and believe in yourself. I started my blog for my own passion of blogging and to help the consumer even if just one person read my reviews. When brands approach me I’m really honoured and excited and cant wait to review and blog about their brand and product to inform the consumer.
12. What do you see in the future for you and your business?
I hope my blog continues to grow and becomes a place of wealth of truthful information for the consumer to digest.