Fridays with Vicky 106
The Amazon Associate program can be a great way to monetize a blog or website. If it can be done fast and effective, while still maximizing the earnings we have a winner, right.
One thing we all wish we had more of is… time.
That’s why I kept my list short. There were plenty of Amazon tools and plugins I could have recommended BUT I narrowed it down to 3 tools that are useful, effective and will help you do the job. This will not only save you time reading this article, it will also save you time researching products and submitting your amazon associate links to your site.
Let’s dive in…
3 Tools for Amazon Associates to Save Time and Maximize Earnings
1. The Time Saver and Money Squeeze Optimizer – EasyAzon
When I was doing my research for this post I ran into A LOT of Amazon plugins. They all do different things, but not really. As an amazon associate, you want to make sure of a few things.
You want to make sure…
- Linking to Amazon is easy.
- Linking to Amazon does not take too much of your time.
- You recommend and link to relevant products.
- That you use an image that you are allowed to use according to the Amazon guidelines.
- That you display an accurate price according to the Amazon guidelines.
- That if you have visitors/customers from different countries that you get paid for them.
- To maximize the cookie life of 90 days instead of 24 hours. (Might not apply to everybody, depending on your sales strategy.)
That pretty much sums it up. So instead of listing 5 different tools that individually can help you with that, I recommend taking a look at one stop solution – EasyAzon. I’ve been using this tool for about a year now and it saves me so much time.
EasyAzon can do ALL the above. One plugin that takes care of it ALL.
- EasyAzon makes it super easy by adding a button in your WordPress editing bar, you can search and add products directly from your own site.
- You don’t even have to leave your site to add a product, big time saver.
- Search on a product name, keyword or ASIN number and get a list of products that you can promote.
- EasyAzon allows for 4 different types of links, text, image, CTA and info block. You use only information approved by Amazon.
- EasyAzon displays and adjusts the correct price, so your site is always accurate and up to date.
- EasyAzon makes it easy to get paid from the international accounts that you have set up.
- With the push of a button, a product can be added to a customer’s cart and give you a 90-day cookie instead of 24 hours.
Want more information? Read my EasyAzon Review
2. Related Products – Amazon Associate
There are plugins to use for “related products” as well, these are the ads or images that usually show up at the bottom of a post. What I have found to be the best option though are Amazon’s own related products ads.
You can add an ad by taking the following steps:
- Go to “native shopping ads” when you are logged into your amazon associate account.
- Click “create add unit” and choose either “recommendation ads”, “search ads” or “custom ads”, from the drop-down menu.
- I prefer to work with the “recommendation ads” or “custom ads”.
- If you choose “recommendation ads” amazon will put together the products for you. With “custom ads” you put together the products you want to recommend.
- You’ll get the HTML code, just place that on your website in the HTML section where you want the ads to display.
To keep track of things make sure you use unique tracking IDs for the different ads.
This requires a little bit more work than just clicking a button BUT these ads I wouldn’t show on every single page and post on my site. These I display on “Top 10 list posts” or product related posts but not on my product reviews.
Why not on my product reviews? I don’t want to confuse things for my readers, if I do a product review, I want them to click through and check that specific product out. Not give them more alternatives… Feel free to disagree in the comment section below, I would love to hear your thoughts on this, do you promote more than one product on your in-depth review posts?
3. What Posts and Pages Get’s Traffic and Convert – Google Analytics
To know what posts and pages get most visitors on your blog use Google Analytics to track the data. This is a free tool that gives you invaluable information about your blog and visitors.
If you have a post that receives a ton of traffic but you don’t do anything to monetize it… if you want to make money with your blog, that’s an issue.
So log into your Google Analytics and check out the 10 most popular posts and pages on your site. Do you monetize those posts in an effective way?
- How can you implement Amazon products in a natural relevant way if you are not doing it already?
Be creative, if you have a recipe site, what tools did you use baking those sugar cookies? Share that and link it to Amazon, or your in-depth product review.
If you are a mom blogger and share a DIY project, link to the material you used on Amazon.
If you talk about relationships, link to a helpful relevant book over at Amazon.
- If you are monetizing your most visited posts with Amazon, but get a low CTR click through rate, how can you improve it?
Can you add a picture of you using the recommended blender?
Can you outline WHY the material you used is better than the Walmart version?
Instead of just using a text link, add an info block that displays image, info, and price.
These are just a few ideas on how to improve CTR on your most visited posts. What’s yours to go to advice?
Bonus Tip: If you are new to blogging OR haven’t yet mastered the Amazon associate program I suggest you take a look at this community. They have step by step training to learn content creation, keyword research, SEO, how to get traffic and how to monetize it… Thousands of members who talk blogging and affiliate marketing… everything related to blogging and websites.
Want more tips and advice on how to maximize earnings with the Amazon Associate program?
Check out my Amazon Case study where I share income reports and detailed stats.
That was 3 Tools for Amazon Associates to Save Time and Maximize Earnings.
What’re your favorite tools to help you save time and maximize amazon earnings? Please share with us in the comment section below,
Have a productive day,